Blue Ridge Jeepers

Serving South Central PA, Western MD, and Eastern Panhandle WV Jeepers

What's up BRJ's my name is mike and I thought I'd share my next group of upgrades and fill you in on what's been done to date.  I have meet some of you at the recent CR Bucks and drive in jeep events and look forward to more family events and wheeling opportunities.

Started as a stock 1998 jeep Cherokee sport with 172.*** miles and very little rust, I got hosed on the purchase price as I could barely get the thing home due to overheating.  I found that there was a small hole in the radiator and no thermostat I replaced both and blew out the heater core. She was leaking power steering fluid so in replaced the high pressure hose. After that she was fairly well mannered. I have a little trouble on first start but after that she's good.

First round of upgrades: 

3" rough country lift with fixed lower control arms an full leaf packs and 2.2 shocks

Nates off road from number 

Hankook dynapro my 31x10.5x15 tires 

Black steel wheels with 4.75. Backspacing 

Second round:

Trimmed fenders tuck and fold

Third round: ordered but not Delivered/installed yet

Rough country 

4.5" coils

3/4" spacer

Adjustable upper control arms

Adjustable lower control arms

Rear lift shackle 1.5-2"

Rear shackle relocation backed

Transfer case drop 1"

Adjustable tracbar

Extended break lines 

N2.0 shocks 

Square tube rock sliders

I believe this will bring me to between 5-5.5" of lift.

I will be posting pictures soon and a review of my experiences to come.  As I remove the 3" lift I will have the fixed lower control arms, coils, front and rear shocks, and sway bar disconnects available if anyone is.  The 3" kit was I installed about 1.5yrs ago 

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks good, nice and clean underneath, best kind of jeep to work on.
Looks great man
Looks good. Have you done anymore work on it. I'm having some spare time and motivation issues with mine at the moment.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Eric Patterson - BRJ Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service